Do you Know about?

Hrithik considered to quit acting after 'Jodha Akbar'

Article appeared on Indian express

Bollywood heartthrob Hrithik Roshan says he considered to quit acting as he virtually slipped into depression after 'Jodha Akbar'.

The 36-year-old star was so badly injured while shooting for Ashutosh Gowariker's epic drama that he thought acting would not be his cup of tea anymore.

"Before beginning shooting for 'Kites', I was trying to get my knee treated and doctors said it will not be able function. I was heartbroken and was even contemplating an alternative career in singing or direction," Hrithik said.


The actor wondered how he could compromise with his work as an actor when he could not jump or dance.

"I was on crutches," he said.

The actor sustained knee injuries while shooting stunt sequences in 'Krrish' and 'Dhoom 2' also. Even in 'Kites', he suffered hand injuries as he met with an accident while enacting a scene of breaking the window.

"It was an emotional scene and my mind was in the character. The accident was a good reminder to be aware that you can hurt yourself even in small actions," he said.

However, director Anurag Basu's script was so strong that he got into the skin of the character which helped him forget his pains.

"Within a week of shooting, my knee pain just disappeared," he said.

The actor said that it was after 'Koi Mil Gaya' that he started enjoying the true flight of an actor.

"The phase before 'Koi Mil Gaya' in my career was a reference phase. I was doing reference acting...doing things I had seen somebody doing. From 'Koi Mil Gaya', I started to enjoy the true flight of an actor," he said.

Hrithik, who will be seen after a gap of two years in 'Kites' releasing May 21, said he had not deliberately planned it.

"I shot Kites for seven months. The English version of Kites is presented and reworked by the well known Hollywood director Brett Ratner. If he says that he wants five months to work on it, We cannot say no. Hence, Kites got delayed," the actor said.

He completed Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Guzarish' which also stars Aishwarya Rai Bachchan during that period.

"I will have two releases this year and hopefully Zoya Akhtar's film will also be released in the first quarter of next year," he said.

The actor also said that he is in talk with Shekhar Kapur for his next project 'Paani'.

No comments: